News and Announcements
The Bedford Sidewinders (Girls U-9) defeated the Pelham Pumas 3-0 in their first game of the spring season this Sunday. The entire team played well and showed strong passing skills and hustle. Alexandra Stickler scored two goals in the first half and Lucy Egler added the final goal in the second half. Alexandra and Lucy also contributed to the victory through strong play in the goal.
The Bedford Vipers (Boys U-9) had a great start to the season with a record of 2 - 0. The entire team came ready to play. The team demonstrated great dribbling and passing skills as they switched the ball across the field many times. The team shooting was spectacular as they scored five goals in their last game vs. Bronx FC. Players who scored were Sam Levy (2 goals), Spencer Sessa, Alex Stanton and Zachary Bye.
Due to poor Weather and Field condition all outdoor practices are cancelled today Tuesday April 5th.
BYSC & Castleford Travel Group
Here is a quick update for the start of the Spring 2011 WYSL season.
1. We are currently working on getting in-door space for next week as all fields are closed until April 2nd
2. Your team managers will contact you will times, dates, and locations
3. The WYSL will be releasing the finalized schedule early next week
4. The season will begin Sunday April 3rd and end June 19th
5. There will be no games April 24th or May 30th
6. Some teams will also have no game April 17th
7. Remember to check your kids' cleat sizes and uniforms in case they have grown over the winter!
8. We will be having the following two General Meetings and all are encouraged to attend.
1) Tuesday 4/12 (7 PM at MKES) -- for parents of players who will be U9 or U10
(3rd or 4th grade) in Fall 2011
2) Thursday 4/14 (7 PM at MKES) -- for parents of players who will be U11 and up
(5th grade and up) inFall 2011
BYSC Travel Group
BYSC will host a Winter Indoor Skills Clinic. Coaches Bob Martin and Vincent Kwarula will run the Program. The Program will be conducted at the Rippowam Cisqua Upper Campus Gymnasium. There will be Ten (10) One Hour Sessions - January through March. The Fee for ALL Age Groups will be $225.00 per participant.
The In-House Winter Skills Clinic is open to all BYSC Members currently registered in the BYSC Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second and Third Grade In-House Programs.
The Program will be conducted on Sundays at the Fox Lane Middle School Gymnasium.
There will be eight (8) Sunday Sessions starting on January 09th and ending on March 13th.
There will be Five (5) One Hour Sessions each Sunday -
Kindergarten # 1 @ 10:00 - 11:00 PM
Pre-K @ 11:00 - 12:00 noon
Kindergarten # 2 @ 12:00 - 1:00 PM
First Grade @ 1:00-2:00 PM
2nd & 3rd Grades @ 2:00 - 3:00 PM.