News and Announcements
The BYSC would like to congratulate the B U-10 Bedford Cyclones and Coach Vincent Kwarula for winning their division with an undefeated record.
- B U-9 Warriors- Coaches Paul Morant, Dan Wollman, Meredith Wallace
- B U-10 Patriots- Coaches Shawn Podell, Peter Dibiasi
- B U-11 Gold - Coach Randy Pink Team Mgr: Andrew Clinton
- B U-11 Emerald – Coaches Karl Hogan, Greg Fleming
- G U-9 Sidewinders- Coaches Bob Martin, Doug Speegle Team Mgr: Kim Speegle
- G U-10 Hurricanes- Coaches Paul Morant, Ken Wyman, Stephen and Geraldine Tortorella
- G U-11 Gold – Coaches Jules Marinaro, Peter Waxmen Team Mgr: Amy Aberman
- G U-11 Royal – Coaches Devon Whalen, Doug Speegle Team Mgr: Kim Speegle
- G U-12 Gold - Coach Ricardo Lyon Team Mgr: Lori Begleiter
Goals of Silent Sunday:
1. To emphasize that soccer is a “players’ game”.
2. To permit players to talk to each other on the field, free of sideline distractions.
3. To foster independent thinking of our players, letting the game be the teacher.
4. To support our youth referees by eliminating sideline interference and dissension.
Coaches: Please limit your coaching instructions to a minimum, shouting out tactical instructions only when absolutely necessary. For this day, let your players make their own decisions. Speak privately to individual players on the sidelines. Where possible communicate to the field through substitutions.
Players: Have fun and enjoy the freedom.
Parents: Avoid comments that can be heard by the players, referees or opponents. When a goal is scored please subdue your reaction to a low-key applause.
Due to severe weather and poor field conditions all soccer practices have been cancelled today Friday October 1st.
Congratulations to our Spring 2010 Sportsmanship winners:
B U-9 Warriors
B U 10 Fury
B U 10 Fireballs
B U 11 Jaguars
B U 11 Cougars
G U 11 Blast
G U 11 Fusion. S
Seven out of our 15 teams won the awards... our best result ever, and a tribute to our fine coaches, trainers, parents and players. Sportsmanship scores are awarded by referees, and 1/3 of the score each game is from coach, parent, and player conduct. 7 of 15 is among the highest sportsmanship win ratios in all of WYSL. Everyone should be proud of this fantastic achievement.