News and Announcements
“World Cup Day” is held every year on the final day of the in-house Spring season.
Children will arrive at their normally scheduled practice (same times and fields) for a day filled with fun competitions and celebrations. At all age levels, children will be given one of four-shirts:
They will compete in various events and games as according to their t-shirt country.
In order to make this an exciting and festive event for the children, we will have face painting on site: children can have their country’s flag painted on their faces (or of course a design of their own!) and so can adults to show support for their team!
We are also asking for people to donate baked goods. Please contact BYSC if you can donate either baked goods or your time to help with this event.
We hope you all have a terrific day that helps build awareness and excitement for the most watched sporting event in the world!
- Participants must wear shin guards and cleats to tryouts.
- Participants should not wear jewelry (tape over earrings is not permitted)
- Arrive 15 minutes early to check in and receive a numbered t-shirt which must be worn at each tryout.
Please bring the following items to tryouts:
1. One 2"x2" photo with player's name printed neatly on the back of the photo
* Staple photo (at bottom of photo) to a 3x5 index card. Do not write player's name on the index card.
2. A copy of the player's birth certificate (only if player has not previously played on a Castleford, Armonk United or Bedford Youth Soccer travel team)
4. An age appropriate soccer ball (U9-U12: size 4, U13+: size 5)
Download the Tryout Schedule by clicking here.
Tryout dates and times are subject to change. Please refer to site for details.
- The number of teams per age group will depend on the number of children trying out and roster size limits.
- Practice days for the Fall 2011 season will be announced at the time of team formation.
- Castleford Rovers Soccer Club will announce teams by Sunday June 19th.
- Once selected for a team, players have 24 hours to accept their position on the team, pay registration fees and order a uniform.
> After a position on a team is accepted, registration fees are non-refundable.
- Uniform sample sizes may be viewed at Mt. Kisco Sports, 5 Moger Avenue, Mt. Kisco, NY (914) 666-9600.
- You will need to indicate your child's uniform size at the time of team registration. Please be prepared with this information.
The Bedford Sidewinders (Girls U-9) defeated the Pelham Pumas 3-0 in their first game of the spring season this Sunday. The entire team played well and showed strong passing skills and hustle. Alexandra Stickler scored two goals in the first half and Lucy Egler added the final goal in the second half. Alexandra and Lucy also contributed to the victory through strong play in the goal.
The Bedford Vipers (Boys U-9) had a great start to the season with a record of 2 - 0. The entire team came ready to play. The team demonstrated great dribbling and passing skills as they switched the ball across the field many times. The team shooting was spectacular as they scored five goals in their last game vs. Bronx FC. Players who scored were Sam Levy (2 goals), Spencer Sessa, Alex Stanton and Zachary Bye.
Due to poor Weather and Field condition all outdoor practices are cancelled today Tuesday April 5th.
BYSC & Castleford Travel Group
Here is a quick update for the start of the Spring 2011 WYSL season.
1. We are currently working on getting in-door space for next week as all fields are closed until April 2nd
2. Your team managers will contact you will times, dates, and locations
3. The WYSL will be releasing the finalized schedule early next week
4. The season will begin Sunday April 3rd and end June 19th
5. There will be no games April 24th or May 30th
6. Some teams will also have no game April 17th
7. Remember to check your kids' cleat sizes and uniforms in case they have grown over the winter!
8. We will be having the following two General Meetings and all are encouraged to attend.
1) Tuesday 4/12 (7 PM at MKES) -- for parents of players who will be U9 or U10
(3rd or 4th grade) in Fall 2011
2) Thursday 4/14 (7 PM at MKES) -- for parents of players who will be U11 and up
(5th grade and up) inFall 2011
BYSC Travel Group